School move-in date postponed

Construction delays continue

Andrea Hall

The estimated move-in date is by mid November.

The move-in date to the new building has been pushed back several times from the beginning of the school year.

“We should be moved in before Thanksgiving,” Superintendent C.D. Knobloch said. “There is more to the building process than most people think.”

Principal Vance Morris said that he would much rather the building be done right than to rush and have a sloppy outcome.

“We are doing okay with the delay,” Mr. Morris said. “We have made it just fine in the portable buildings, and we can make it a little longer.”

Senior Eliot Hilbers said she is glad they are making it the best it can be.

“As a senior, I can’t wait to be in the new building,” Hilbers said. “It is really special that we will get to be the first class to graduate from it. I hope that the classes below us appreciate it and care for it as much as we will.”

We should be moved in before Thanksgiving. There is more to the building process than most people think.

— Superintendent C.D. Knobloch

There is still work to be done on the interior of the building.  Painting, electrical and plumbing has to be finished before moving in.

“It is difficult trying to get everybody to work together,” Mr. Knobloch said. “There are many different companies involved in the process.”

Once the new school is accessible, faculty and students will move in gradually with help from night and weekend crews.

“We will not have to worry about moving desks and chairs into the new building because there will be new furniture,” Mr. Morris said. “The only things we will need to move are teachers’ personal items.”

Mr. Knobloch said everybody is going to be proud and motivated when the school is finished.

“Students will not want to be absent,” he said. “Hopefully, they will want to keep it clean because the building is nicer than we are used to.”

Mr. Morris continues to say that it is not the building that makes up a school but the students and teachers with the support of the community.

“Everybody will be shocked at how nice the new school will be,” he said. “The community will be proud of what our current and future students will be walking in to. It’s exceeding my expectations.”