Worst Jobs Ever

Sarah Newton, Features Spread Editor

Jobs can be enjoyable and fun but sometimes people  have a job people just do not really like.

“My worst job when I was a sales clerk and I often had people come in and be rude for no reason,” Señor Ruben Martinez said.

Sophomore Tessa Brooks thinks that with all the odd jobs that you can find in Texas that working at a sewer plant would be on of the worst.

“I worked at a pipe line company,” Coach Donnie Grey said. “We repaired sewer leaks and that was definitely the worst part of the job.”

Looking for jobs people have jobs they would like to do but that doesn’t always happen.

“I worked at an orchard in Charlie pulling weds and picking fruit,” Mrs. Mika Morgan said. “I worked for $5 an hour and it was really hot outside.”

Ms. Carol Campbell worked at a business college were she taught night classes.

“I did not like it because the students were not motivated and there were very little standards,” Ms. Campbell said.

Coach Tim Pope had a job where he would call people and ask them about their experience at the hospital.

“I had to call people and do surveys,” Coach Pope said. “ It was an odd job and always interesting to see why people had gone to the hospital.”

Senior Dalton Drennan used to work at sonic and said that it was his least favorite job.

“I always had to see people I knew and they would ask me if I could put extra fries with their food,” Drennan said. 

Coach Shad Hanna had two jobs that he did not really enjoy.

“I worked at a cotton gin,” Coach Hanna said. “I also worked at a refinery and neither one was enjoyable.”

Sophomore Lindy Reid doesn’t really have a job but she works with her dad on their ranch.

“I don’t really like it when my dad yells at me and I have to do a lot of heavy lifting,” Reid said. “I also really don’t like having to fix fences.” 

Senior Trey Strickland does not have a job but he would like to get one because he likes to go out and do stuff and that way I have my own money.

“My mom always says that she doesn’t have money to give me so I can’t go,” Strickland said. “If I had a job then I wouldn’t have to ask for money.”