Wildcats win area championship

Andrea Hall, Online Editor

Last Friday the baseball team won the area championship against Celeste. The Wildcats won the first game 6-0 and the second game 13-1.

Coach Wes Johnson said that he expects to make a deep playoff run.

“If we keep hitting the ball and playing good defense, I think we will continue to do very good in the playoffs,” he said.

Senior Chris Dagley said that he is “very proud” of how far they have made it this year.

“I am so glad that we made it this far my senior year,” Dagley said. “It’s really rewarding to see that all my hard work over the years has leading up to this moment.”

Senior Trey Strickland said that he is pleased with how well the team has done so far.

“I’m impressed with how well we have done this year,” Strickland said. “It’s a good way for me to end my senior year.”

Freshman Justin Browning said that this year of baseball has made him more excited for the rest of high school baseball.

“I don’t want it to end until state,” Browning said, “but I am so excited for the rest of my high school baseball career.”

The team will play Muenster in Bowie on at 7 p.m. tonight for game one; game two will be 7 p.m. Friday.

“I am very prepared to play the No. 1 team in state,” Strickland said. “We have a pretty good chance to make it all the way after this game.”