FCCLA to renaissance fair

Jesica Crouse, Reporter

The Family, Career and Community Leaders of America went on their annual trip to the Renaissance Fair and the Forth Worth Water Gardens on May 12.

“The Water Gardens were amazing,” junior Rachel Patterson said. “I am so glad I was able to go and experience this with our FCCLA group.”

Although the group had limited seats this year because  of using the vehicle named ‘Casper’ to keep costs down co-vice president Brian De La Rosa said it was still fun.

“It was sort of sad that the whole group didn’t get to go but it was still so much fun,” De La Rosa said.

This will be the 19th year the FCCLA group has gone to the Renaissance fair.

“I hope the kids enjoyed it as much as I do,” sponsor Donette Odom said, “because I want to offer something educational in nature.”

The Renaissance fair features attractions each year including comedy skits, animals, jugglers, music, theater and more.

“My favorite parts are the mermaids and the huge turkey legs,” sophomore Morgan Veitenheimer said. “I just love that I got to experience something new each time I’ve gone.”

Sophomore Kodi Graham also said he also enjoyed the fair but enjoyed the calmness at the  water gardens.

“I had an amazing time and would recommend the fair and water gardens to anybody,” Graham said, “because it gives you a great opportunity to meet different people and connect with friends, especially at the water gardens where everything is so calm and gorgeous.”