Cat's Claw

Band competes at region

Group receives 'excellent' rating

Back to Article
Back to Article

Band competes at region

Senior drum major Audrey Schroeder leads the Prowlin' Growlin' Wildcat Band during the region marching contest on Saturday. The band received an 'excellent' rating.

Chase Stafford

Chase Stafford

Chase Stafford

Emily Strenski, Editor-in-chief

The Prowlin’ Growlin’ Wildcat Band performed in the regional contest at Memorial Stadium on Saturday and received a rating of 2 so will not be advancing to area.

It was our best performance yet”

— Junior Morgan Essary

“Saturday was a beautiful day and I am incredibly proud of our band,” band director Karen Brunker said. “I always ask our students to give me their best and I feel like they did just that. We have a great group of hard working kids, and that’s what we strive for in every performance!”

For senior Harley Anderson, this year’s contest was more important to her than the past three.

“With this being my last year, I really thought we would advance,” Anderson said. “We all worked so hard, and we all wanted it so bad.”

Junior Morgan Essary said the performance was the best one the band has provided all year.

“I think we all went out there and did our best,” Essary said. “It was our best performance yet. With it being the juniors and seniors’ last chance made the underclassman work harder.”

For his first year at contest, freshman Breden Hulse said that it was a good experience for him.

“For my first year, I feel like I learned a lot,” Hulse said. “I know that we’ll do a lot better next year.”

Drum major and senior Audrey Schroeder  said that it was disappointing to not be advancing her last year.

“I really wanted to advance to area,” Schroeder said. “The outcome was not what I hoped for. However, we had our best performance and that’s all  I could ask for.”

Mrs. Brunker said a 2 is “excellent.”

“A division 2 rating is definitely something to be proud of,” Mrs. Brunker said. “We can hold our heads up high knowing we performed well.”

About the Writer
Emily Strenski, Editor-in-Chief

My name is Emily Strenski and I'm extremely excited to be the Cat's Claw's editor-in-chief my third year of being on staff. My hobbies include reading,...