Honor society to induct 7 new members

Bethann Oswald

Sophomores Luke Haehn, Carter Hilbers, Kayli Mahler, Davis Mays, Callen McCasland, Emily Saylers, and Cade Strickland were inducted into NHS Sunday Oct. 28.

Kodi Graham, Entertainment Editor

The National Honor Societ will be inducting seven new members at 2 P.M. on Oct. 28 in the auditorium.

The new members are Luke Haehn, Carter hlbers, Kayli Mahler, Davis Mays, Callen McCasland, Emily Salyers and Cade Strickland.

“It’s always nice having new members come into NHS,” Oswald stated. “Having new members gives me a better relationship with students, and I’m thrilled to see the new ideas and leadership that will come with them.”

These new inductees are going to be able to participate in a ton of NHS events, including their community fundraisers.

“We’ve been thinking about our community for quite a while now,” junior Sarah Newton said. “Our fundraiser, the Veteran’s Day lunch on Nov. 11, is really gonna help us out and be a good time for the community.”

The Veteran’s Day lunch is mainly to honor veterans, but it’s not the only thing NHS has planned community-wise.

NHS members are also preparing and getting excited  for their upcoming trip on Nov. 28.

“The plan is to go to the Dallas Theatre and see the play ‘A Christmas Carol,’ then go to the Galleria Mall,” NHS vice president Coltin Knobloch said.

Having new members gives me a better relationship with students, and I’m thrilled to see the new ideas and leadership that will come with them

— Bethann Oswald

“It’s a unique opportunity a lot of our students don’t get, “ Sponsor Bethann Oswald said. “The show will be on a level 4 stage and is going to be very impresssive. We’re all very excited.”

The Fall Carnival, last Oct. 17, was enjoyable for everyone that went, said junior Maggie Coates.

“It was really fun to paint faces at the carnival. I liked being able to hang out with my friends while being able to help the kids have fun,” Coates said.