Cat's Claw

Fall sports complete successful seasons

Taylor Hall, Features Editor

This fall has been successful for the athletic department as varsity cross country, varsity football and varsity volleyball  teams all advanced to the playoffs.

Varsity football had not made the playoffs in eight years but worked very hard to extend their season.

Varsity volleyball made it to regional quarterfinals this year. After last year’s trip to state, this might seem like a let down but losing seniors meant freshmen and other underclassmen had to step up. And they did.

The varsity cross country boys team as well as a freshman girl competed at the regional meet.

While the volleyball girls’ season ended Nov. 6, they hope to do well in basketball too.

The varsity boys’ last football game was against Wheeler. They sadly lost, but just making playoffs was a proud accomplishment. The Wildcats still had a great season.

The cross country teams worked very hard and practiced multiple times a week before and after school to advance. This is a sport that requires individual dedication and those that competed at the regional meet demonstrated just that.

Although all the fall sports team members may wish to have advanced farther, hopefully their successes will extend to the winter and spring sports.

Go Wildcats and Ladycats!

About the Writer
Taylor Hall, Reporter

My name is Taylor and this is my first year on staff. I am a reporter. I participate in band, tennis, oral reading, one act play and newspaper. During...