NHS visits Frisco

NHS members take a group photo. Photo By Bethan Oswald

Emily Shephard, News Editor

The National Honor Society will be taking a trip to Frisco tomorrow for their annual trip.

“We are at a pretty good place with our money right now,” senior Tessa Brooks said. “We have an opportunity to do more this year.”

While in Frisco NHS members will be watching the 30th annual showing of the “National Lampoons Christmas Vacation” which will be shown at the dine-in AMC theater at Stonebriar Mall.

“I’m happy about going. I enjoy spending time with my friends outside of school. As long as I’m missing school, I’m happy.”

— junior Luke Haehn

This trip will include going to the Christmas in the Square that has activities such as music,  artificial snow and food trucks. “I think they will like it,” NHS sponsor Ms. Oswald said. “It will be something different and the dine-in theater is definitly something they aren’t used to.”

NHS hosted a chicken spaghetti luncheon on Nov. 17 along with a raffle in the  high schol cafeteria.

“It was great,” Ms. Oswald said. “We had a really good turnout. A lot of people gave generously to help support our trip this year.”

NHS raised over a $1,000 at the luncheon which will help support the trip they will be taking tomorrow.

“I wish I could thank all the people that donated,” sophomore Colton Canada said. “It’s super nice to know that our community is behind us and could support us with their money.”

At the luncheon canned goods were also collected for the Hungry Hearts food drive that help support the students. NHS is thinking about collecting more cans before Christmas break.  

“A lot of families rely on the cafeteria during the school year to help with food,” Ms. Oswald said. “It primarily helps to feed the kids who don’t have good meals outside of school primarily during the summertime.”  

A raffle for a Thanksgiving dinner for six was also held at the luncheon with the winner being Jeanie Kyle.