Editorials are important

Editorials are important

Adelyn Harvey, Sports Editor

Editorials are believed to be the heart and soul of newspaper. The goal of an editorial is to explain the newspaper staff’s opinions on a topic. The other includes editorial reviews. It is one of two sections of the newspaper where opinions of staff an be stated. One staff member usually writes for the whole newspaper in this case. Editorials are important because they can suggest a different opinion on a topic.
There are many different types of editorials, for example, criticism, appreciation, entertainment and many more. All of three are important for a newspaper.
A criticism editorial focuses on the good and bad opinions over a new event or anything the staff wants to cover. Most of the time the staff chooses these to bring attention to and or add a solution. It can also be to influence people. While they can seem harsh at times, the are only to improve conditions.
An editorial of appreciation is written to praise and acknowledge people or an event that deserves to be appreciated. This type of editorial usually explains how well this group or event did.
An entertainment editorial explains a topic that could interest students. The writer would present movies, books, Holiday’s, recent events, and more. The whole idea of this type of editorial is to intrigue a student.
Editorials are used to state opinions on an event that has happened. They contribute to solutions and help students further learn about a situation.