Girls double team wins state bronze medals

Chandler Clark and Jill Liles talk about their game plan.

Sara Schroeder

Jaycie Holley, Photo Editor

The tennis team finished its season with two state bronze medalists: senior Chandler Clark and junior Jill Liles.
“This was a great season,” tennis coach Haley Owen said. “Seeing Chan and Jill medal at state was the perfect end to a great year and a testament to the quality of tennis we have at our school.”
According to Owen strengths of the tennis team were experience as well as an overall outlook on the season.
“We had five athletes returning who had played at the regional meet and beyond,” she said. “Another strength is that we set some big goals early in the season and they were the driving force behind each match.”
At regionals, Sophomore Chase Curry placed third in Boys Singles and was a state alternate. Clark and Liles were Girls Doubles Champions and they advanced to state.
The tennis team had six advance to the regional tournament with three others as regional alternates.
From the district tournament, Curry was the boys singles champion and advanced to regionals.
Kline Mayo and junior Sara Schroeder were second place mixed doubles and they advanced to regionals.
Kadence Huffman was second place girls singles and she advanced to regionals.
Senior Aspyn Huseman and senior Maddie Lopez were third place girls doubles and regional alternates.
Junior Emily Shephard was third place girls singles and regional alternate.
“I am so proud of everyone’s accomplishments and the effort and fight that they put into each match,” Owen said.