Paint Christmas greener

Seniors host festive holiday fundraiser for community

courtesy photo

Adelynn Muller, pre-K, follows the painting tutorial by Rachel Liles.

Luke Deerinwater, Reporter

The seniors hosted a fund-raiser for a canvas and cocoa party where participants painted and drank hot cocoa. It was Nov. 27 at the Royal Theater. There was a $30 entry fee per painter.
“We were expecting around 50 painters.” Rachel Liles, the party organizer, said. “We started with 30 painters signed up.”
Seniors were expected to help with the growing amount of participants
“I volunteered at the cocoa station,” Fallon Blair, a senior, said. “I enjoyed wearing my Christmas sweater.”
To accommodate the number of participants the Royal Theater gave Liles the necessary provisions.
“The Royal Theater has been so helpful to us,” Liles said. “And they provided the tables, chairs, sound system.”
“It was very fun,” Blair added.
The organizers “appreciated” the opportunity that the theater gave them.
“I think Archer community members like and appreciate the historic vibe the Royal offers,” Liles said.
Painters were able to purchase drinks
“We provided a hot cocoa station where painters could purchase their drinks and enjoy a hot beverage while they painted,” Liles added
Liles’ said her “years of experience with large groups” helped students make the most out of their fund-raiser.
“Paint parties and large group gatherings are part of my art profession. So it has been similar to organizing art classes that I have been doing for 14 years,” Liles said.
The senior class’ fund raising gave the painters the opportunity to learn from someone with “14 years of experience.”
All of the donations will be put toward project graduation which is held after graduation and the senior trip.
The senior class is planning another fundraiser on Feb. 16. They will be hosting a bingo night at the activity center from 6-8 p.m.