FFA

Luke Deerinwater, Reporter

As spring gets closer, FFA is moving away from the county show and toward livestock, dairy, horse and land judging competitions.
“I’m trying to place better this year,” sophomore, Aedyn Weiss said. “Last year I did not place as an individual, but my team placed eighth.”
Some FFA participants will study more to achieve a higher rank this spring.
“Last year I didn’t do as well as I wanted to in land judging, and I will make an effort to study more,” sophomore Kade Nogle said.
Since Nogle was dissatisfied with his placement, he said he believes he needs to study more to get a better place.
“This year I’m going to study outside of school,” Nogle said. “I studied during Prime Time last year, but after the competitions I know that I need to study more to get where I want to be.”
The FFA participants get to leave school and visit other campuses to compete.
“Going to MSU for the team quiz and creed was my favorite trip of many,” sophomore Victoria Foster said. “I loved getting out of school to do something I am passionate about.”
Students can choose between multiple events.
“This year we will be participating in career development experience competitions,” FFA sponsor Tanner Hash said. “Livestock judging, wildlife judging, horse judging, dairy judging, and veterinary med will be options for interested FFA members.”
Hash expects the returning wildlife judging team has improved their performance since last year.
“I’m looking forward to seeing how my wildlife judging team will place this year,” Hash said. “Since they have more experience and know what to expect, I have very high hopes for the sophomores.”