JV Boys Basketball

Kori Keeter, Reporter

OVERALL: The JV boys have an overall record of 8-12 and the JV 2 has a record of 0-9.
DISTRICT: The JV has a district record of 4-4.
BRIGHT SPOTS: “I think a bright spot was when we played Seymour because we played really good as a team,” sophomore Noah Cornell said.
Sophomore Isaac Dieguez agreed that their game against Seymour was a good moment.
“Against Seymour we came together as a team and tried a lot to come back and almost won the game,” Dieguez said.
INSIDE SCOOP: Dieguez said the team struggled with rebounding on defense.
“We worked to solve that problem by being more physical than our opponents,” Dieguez said.
“We let up a little early in games sometimes and beat ourselves,” sophomore Sam Machtolff said. “We worked on finishing in practice and the little things to tune up.”
COACH’S VIEW: “We had to deal with people being away for sickness and injuries and different guys being gone,” Coach Zac Dunnam said. “That is just part of JV basketball though. You have to step on the court and play well with who you have and it might just be a different starting five every game.”
Dunnam said the team improved throughout the season.
“The team got a lot more competitive and physical,” Dunnam said. “We played better and better all season.”
ATHLETE’S VIEW: “Our biggest problem was adjusting to changes during the game,” Cornell said. “We helped that by changing up practice. The team improved overall in working together and not arguing.”
Machtolff agreed that they have improved throughout the season.
“We’re a very athletic team and we all play as hard as we can,” Machtolff said. “We got a little better at communicating on the court and finishing our shots.”