Band to perform spring concert

Madison Ellis, Reporter

The Prowlin’ Growlin’ Wildcat Band is set to perform their spring concert at 6 p.m. tonight in the auditorium.
The band’s set includes “Trip Wire” arranged by Jarod Hall, “Moscow” arranged by Brian Balmages, “Joy” arranged by Frank Ticheli and “John Williams: Movie Adventures” arranged by Michael Sweeney.
Assistant band director Andrew Brinkman said the music picked is quite popular.
“I think it’s going to be a lot of fun,” Brinkman said. “We’re doing mostly music from movies so it should be fun.”
Senior Tucker Veitenheimer said preparation was needed for a good performance.
“I wish we were able to practice in the auditorium,” Veitenheimer said. “It would’ve helped to better control our volume on stage.”
Sophomore Kelly Howard said the band as a whole could do more.
“I wish we would’ve had more time,” Kelly Howard said. “Being able to prepare and perfect our set is important to me.”
Head drum major Brittany Howard said the band hopes to give a “delightful” performance.
“I think we’re going to perform really well,” Brittany Howard said. “I can’t wait to share my experience for my upcoming senior year.”
Veitenheimer said that band was a safe space for current and upcoming members.
“I hope the band continues to grow in skill and togetherness growing off what this year’s seniors leave behind,” Veitenheimer said.
Brittany Howard said the band has been through a lot recently.

It’s upsetting to lose friends and our head band director all at the same time

— Brittany Howard

Brinkman said he had one last message for this year’s seniors.
“It was awesome working with everyone. Even though there were only a couple of [seniors], I appreciate every one of them,” Brinkman said. “Good luck in life; I believe they will be successful.”