• November 29🌸 We're ready for spring 🌸
  • September 29Go Wildcats!
  • September 28Goodluck PGWB band, Ladycats, and Wildcats!!!!!
The No. 1 news source of Archer City High School

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Texas places new stricter punishments on students for possession or use of vape

Texas House Bill 114 states that when a student is caught with marihuana or e–cigarettes ones near public school property or at certain school events, for the first offense the student who has possession of this substance will be sent to an alternative education program.
Near is defined has on or within 300 feet of school property from the school boundary line. Selling, giving, or delivering to another person is also prohibited.
Students think this consequence is extreme. Placemeant in AEP is difficult on a kid who is learning a topic then having to go to a different school without the face-to-face instruction by teachers. Plus they are in a strcter atmospere.
Under-age kids should be punished for bringing prohibited irems on school property, these consequence are too harsh. Many kids do much worse things at home because their parents don’t provide a support system.
Teenagers are sometimes a younger version of their parents and that means they will be doing the same things astheir parents do.
Some parents will have their child hold their things and we kids can forget what we have that is our parents. As teenagers we may share a car with our parents, and, if officials will see a vape pen or a dap pen, they will assume that it is ours instead of faimly member’s.
People may say this conequence is necessary to stop the drug problem and we need to punish those disobeying the rules. This punishment, however , is too harsh. Peer pressure is a real problem that teens face and because of that, mistakes are sometimes made.
Teenagers who continually violate these rules should face this this punishment but first offenders should be counseled instead.