• November 29🌸 We're ready for spring 🌸
  • September 29Go Wildcats!
  • September 28Goodluck PGWB band, Ladycats, and Wildcats!!!!!
The No. 1 news source of Archer City High School

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Staff praises addition of Student Square app

The district is now using Student Square, with a platform for parents, as a safe and secure way of communication between the students, teachers and parents.
This platform has been helpful to our district because it has improved communication for our students and staff.
The teachers can now send notifications to the students and they will go through as text messages, emails, or app notifications. Of course, students are more likely to check their phone if they get a text rather than a emails.
The app is a more organized way to communicate with all staff and students. Students and teachers are now on one app all together, instead of having multiple apps to check. Before Student Square, the teachers and coaches used Remind, GroupMe and SportsYou. Switching between the three different apps confused some students and parents.
Student Square is a platform that allows links and pictures to be posted. The picture can be decorated to grab students’ attention and get them to view it. The students can give feedback on the posts or messages that have been sent, showing that they’ve viewed them.
Teachers can directly message one student or parent, or they can make a group post for specific groups, the whole grade or even the entire school to see. The teachers can post about due dates of assignments, sign ups for different activities, or who they need to see. Posts can inform students about important events happening that week.
Although Student Square is an easier form of communication for our district, some of the students and parents haven’t signed up. This is causing a few problems because those parents are not seeing the posts about different events, and some students are not viewing their teachers’ posts.
Student Square has been a pleasant platform for our district’s communication. The district should continue to use this platform because it is an easily organized way to reach anyone at anytime.