• November 29🌸 We're ready for spring 🌸
  • September 29Go Wildcats!
  • September 28Goodluck PGWB band, Ladycats, and Wildcats!!!!!
The No. 1 news source of Archer City High School

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Junior varsity boys conclude season

Freshman Gage McCord dribbles the ball down the court to score

The junior varsity boys finished the season Tuesday against Nocona but results were unavailable at press time. Their record before that game was 10-7.
Their district ranking is 2- 7.
JV boys’ basketball team played last week against Windthorst and won 45 – 36.
“I feel like we improved a lot from the beginning of the season to the end, and one of our biggest strengths is being able to break a press,” freshman Gabe Rice said.
A lot of the players on the team are experienced and have been playing the game for a while which was beneficial to the team, Rice said.
“We did pretty well this season, but there are definitely areas we need to improve on for next year,” freshman Gage McCord said. “We need to work on communication and rebounding.”
The team always works hard and has gotten better at working together, McCord said.
“For next year, we could get better at passing the ball and not being as dependent on one person to handle the ball in games,” freshman Grayson Jeter said.
There is definitely still room for some improvement, but the team has improved, Jeter said.
“We played very hard even when the ball didn’t fall the team realized they needed to play good defense,” Coach Marty Clay said. “We usually hold teams to 30 points or less.”
The team has improved since the beginning of the season, and they work better as a team and their overall knowledge of the game has improved, Clay said.
“I wanted the team to play hard no matter the score and as a team no matter the score, and they did,” Clay said.
Clay said that they always worked hard and played good defense no matter what.

“I think with this group the sky is the limit.”

— Coach Clay

“They 100% met my expectations this season, they are great boys and I’m super proud of them,” Clay said.