• November 29🌸 We're ready for spring 🌸
  • September 29Go Wildcats!
  • September 28Goodluck PGWB band, Ladycats, and Wildcats!!!!!
The No. 1 news source of Archer City High School

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

District purchases updated safety devices

The district is finding ways to increase security across the campus. All classrooms recently had new Nightlock devices installed to keep an intruder out if there were to be one. These devices attached doors frames to keep them from being opened.
    The Nightlocks work well to insure the safety of students and staff.
    According to Superintendent CD Knobloch, there are many vendors with safety devices that reach out each year trying to sell as many products as possible.
    The government provides a certain amount of money a year for the school to use on safety. Last year the district’s safety balance was an allotment around $3,700 and this year a grant of $200,000 was received.
    This money has been put to use by adding Nightlocks to each classroom and building a new fence to keep unknown people out of the area by the back gyms because the last one was old an worn out. The money was also used replace fobs and exterior doors in the building, such as the fob to the weight room in the back of the school building, the exterior library doors and the doors leading outside from the cafeteria’s kitchen all for more security.
    The idea behind everything recently added is to buy more time in the case of an intruder so no one gets hurt.
    The main goal is to make sure staff and students are as safe as possible, and the district is making an A for security.