• November 29🌸 We're ready for spring 🌸
  • September 29Go Wildcats!
  • September 28Goodluck PGWB band, Ladycats, and Wildcats!!!!!
The No. 1 news source of Archer City High School

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Superintendent to retire

Knobloch cites reasons for leaving
Courtesy of Wuthrich Photography

Superintendent C.D. Knob- loch is retiring after 25 years of working at Archer City ISD.
Knobloch said someone else could fill his position better.
“The initial thought of why I should retire was because of my health issues,” Knobloch said. “Now everything in the education system is changing so quickly that I believe someone younger and more tech savvy can do my job more efficiently.”
Knobloch said he is not sure of his future.
“I don’t know what retirement holds,” Knobloch said. “My plan is to stay away from education for a calendar year.”
Knobloch has a total of 36 years in the education system: four years of coaching, teaching and bus driving at Iowa Park; three years of being a principal and one year of being a superintendent at Megargel; and three and a half years as the elementary principal, 13 years as the high school principal and 11.5 years as superintendent at Archer City.
Knobloch said he had his best achievements as a principal.
“I’ve been a superintendent for 11.5 years,” Knobloch said, “but truly many of my greatest accomplishments and learning experiences came from when I was a principal.”
Knobloch said he started working in education at a young age.
“I had good intentions in mind but I made a lot of mistakes,” Knobloch said. “I was young and I had the freedom to change policies.”
Knobloch said the education system has a big impact on students’ futures.
“I’ve always wanted to be a servant of some kind and help other people,” Knobloch said. “Educators play a big role on people’s lives.”

I value my relationships with students and staff that I’ve built up over the years,

— C.D. Knobloch

Knobloch said teaching students the truth can help them in the long run.
“If we are teaching the students false information, we are cheating them of their future.” Knobloch said. “If [students] add up the quality time, they spend more time learning and engaging at school than with family.”
Knobloch said he learned a lot of lessons through trial and error.
“I ended up learning what worked well with the students and staff and what didn’t work with them,” Knobloch said. “The main thing I learned is be good with people and be honest.”
Knobloch said that building connections is what he has always desired.
“I value my relationships with students and staff that I’ve built up over the years,” Knobloch said. “Our school has been very fortunate to have a good school board that values our staff and has our students’ best interest at heart.”
Knobloch said difficulties are a part of any job.
“There are always challenges with things people don’t pay attention to,” Knobloch said. “A good example of this is having the correct staff where they should be.”
Knobloch said the school needs better funding for staff.
“I would enjoy seeing our state give more funds to schools so we can give raises to staff,” Knobloch said. “If you compare teachers’ salaries to other professions, the pay does not compare.”
Knobloch said it is the staff members who keep him inspired.
“Our staff has always kept me motivated because the work they put into their jobs every day,” Knobloch said. “They’re the ones behind the scene who make the wheels turn.”