• November 29🌸 We're ready for spring 🌸
  • September 29Go Wildcats!
  • September 28Goodluck PGWB band, Ladycats, and Wildcats!!!!!
The No. 1 news source of Archer City High School

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Guests from Italy cook for the FCS classes

Photo by Devanny Muniz
Pratizio Chiacchella MIchelangelo Chiacchella Donnette Odom and Artem Clay

Two guest chefs from Italy came to cook authentic meals for the Family and Consumer Sciences classes on Aug. 30.
“This was a very rare opportunity for my students that doesn’t usually happen for other schools,” FES teacher Donnette Odom said. “It was such a short notice event and I’m happy Dr. John Sherril approved and paid for it.”
Guest chef Patrizio Chiacchella said he usually cooks twice a day.
“Cooking every day is something very special to us because we would always cook back home,” Patrizio Chiacchella said. “It usually takes us an hour and thirty minutes to finish a whole meal.”
Sophomore Lauren Shephard said that the food was excellent and that she wants them to come cook again.
“The food was so good it made me want to go visit Italy and try all their homemade items over there,” Shephard said. “I usually don’t like eating tomatoes but they were really good on the bread the chefs made.”
Senior Madison Becker said that she loved hearing the stories the guests had to say about their time in Italy.

Having people come from foreign places is amazing because they always have cool stories that I could listen to for hours,

— Madison Becker

“I learned the Michelangelo used to work as a paramedic and that Parizio works at the movie theater.” Becker said.
Sophomore Ethan Carter said the food was amazing.
“I think the best part of the entire class was able to eat the food after it was done,” Carter said. “I would definitely rate the food a 10 out of 10 because it was really good and I learned some stuff from the guests too.”
Senior Devanny Muniz said that she liked it because it was different than the regular class.
“I really enjoyed it because it was a shift from what we were doing and it gave me the opportunity to learn about life in Italy,” Muniz said. “The food was different but it was a fun experience.”
Sophomore Shooter Canada said that not only was the food great, but he also was able to learn a few things from talking with the guests.
“The food was amazing and I’m so glad I got to try a real authentic meal,” Canada said. “I learned so many things from our conversations like taste the noodles instead of breaking them to see if they’re cooked well.”
Sophomore Emily Anderson said she learned a lot about life in Italy.
“I learned that we get so many more opportunities when it comes to education and sports than people in Italy do,” Anderson said. “I like that the guests got to experience time in America because it’s a great way to showcase everything we do here at American schools.”
Patrizio said the restaurants and cooking in Italy are very different than in America.
“Over in Italy everyone cooks every day and if they do eat out they go to an authentic restaurant,” Patrizio said. “Almost every restaurant in Italy make their food from scratch and it all tastes amazing.”
Guest Chef Michelangelo Chicacchella said that there are many differences between American schools and Italian schools.
“Coming from Italy and seeing the opportunities Americans get is amazing because back at home I remember not being able to do sports and extracurriculars,” Michelangelo said. “In Italy everyone has to do the exact same classes and it’s just core classes filled with work unlike here in America where students can choose whatever classes they like to be in and the classes have activities for students to do.”