• November 29🌸 We're ready for spring 🌸
  • September 29Go Wildcats!
  • September 28Goodluck PGWB band, Ladycats, and Wildcats!!!!!
The No. 1 news source of Archer City High School

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

The Elementary was nominated for the National Blue Ribbon Award

The elementary school has been nominated for the National Blue Ribbon Award.
“I feel excited and I know that hard work pays off,” elementary school counselor Vicky Lopez said. “We are very well deserving of the nomination.”
Lopez said she thinks the teachers and staff on campus will work harder to stay above the other districts if we the school receives the award.
“I think this award will put us on the above recognizable scale,” Lopez said.
According to the Texas Education Agency, “The Blue Ribbon Schools Program sets a standard of excellence for all schools striving for the highest level of achievement.”

Our school is different because the teachers are a collaborative team that work hard to help our students succeed. Our students work hard and push themselves to be the best they can be.

— Principal Amy Huseman

Huseman said she is honored that Archer City has been nominated and shows the hard work and dedication of the students and staff.
“We do not know if we will receive the award yet,” Huseman said. “There are several schools that get nominated and we are just hoping that we are lucky enough to win.
Last year 26 Texas public schools received the National Blue Ribbon award.
“In my opinion,” Lopez said. “we build relations with students; therefore, students want to learn.”
Lopez said she thinks the award is going to improve morale and interest people from Wichita Falls in transferring to Archer City.
“I think our school will improve regardless,” Huseman said. “Whether we win the award or not, we are always looking to be better.”
Huseman said she thinks the parents will be that students and staff have worked so hard and may even get nationally recognized.
“If we get the award,” Huseman said, “we’ll hang it in the foyer.”
According to the U.S. Department of Education, the schools receiving the National Blue Ribbon Award will be announced by the Secretary of Education in September.