• November 29🌸 We're ready for spring 🌸
  • September 29Go Wildcats!
  • September 28Goodluck PGWB band, Ladycats, and Wildcats!!!!!
The No. 1 news source of Archer City High School

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Fast Fashion

Students debate pros, cons of SHEIN, Temu
Fast+Fashion

Although it seems purchasing cheap clothes from popular websites such as SHEIN or Temu can be beneficial, many disadvantages follow behind these companies.
The prices may look good but, more often than not the quality and service will not be.
The average rating of SHEIN is currently a 2.51 out of 5 stars according to Sitejabber.com. One reason may be fabric quality. The clothing is inexpensive because the manufacturers buy cheap materials to make the clothing, saving the company money but causing the customer to waste theirs because the items they purchase will not be as long-lasting and durable. Even the sizing chart isn’t always true to size. Even the number of inventory is a disadvantage because the items are mass produced, and it can take a while to restock them.
SHEIN also does not follow child labor laws. Although SHEIN denies all of the rumors stating that they are forcing children to work for them, not every country which SHEIN operates in currently follows the correct child labor laws, making it possible for this to happen.
Like SHEIN, Temu also has many negatives when it comes to the merchandise.
Temu’s current rating is a 2.53 out of 5 stars, according to Sitejabber.com. Although the rating is a little bit higher than SHEIN’S rating, the reviews are similar.
Temu mainly receives complaints for receiving the incorrect order, late delivered packages, not receiving the package at all and the unresponsive customer agents. The lack of customer service makes it difficult to resolve the issues and causes Temu’s consumer satisfaction to decrease.
The materials that the manufacturers use to produce the items are very poor and cheap, so the clothing and items are not long lasting or durable. Just because the merchandise is cheap does not mean your expectations will be met.