• November 29🌸 We're ready for spring 🌸
  • September 29Go Wildcats!
  • September 28Goodluck PGWB band, Ladycats, and Wildcats!!!!!
The No. 1 news source of Archer City High School

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Sophomore discusses effect of friendships on experiences

Picking the right friends to hang out with in high school is a big decision. High school is the place where many may possibly find their friends for life. Although this may be temporary, some with remember their friends from high school and stay in contact.
Many have heard the saying “High school is the place where you make the best memories,” but this may not apply to everyone. Wanting to have a good high school experience in one of my goals in life but figuring out which friends I want to spend that with is difficult.
Break ups, whether with friends or boys, affect the “amazing” experience teens are supposed to have in high school, but learning from either of those shapes who we are as people. Going through those helps one realize who has their back and who truly respects them.
High school is tough and going through tough situations during this time is a lot harder especially at a small school where drama spreads fast. Friends can be there for us during tough times and also celebrate our successes. On the other hand, if one hangs out with friends who are negative or engage in bad behaviors, it can bring them down and lead to bad decisions. It is crucial to choose friends who share the same values, support our dreams and bring out the best in us.
Having the right friends in high school is important. Our friends can influence our behavior, attitude and even our goals. When we surround ourselves with positive, supportive friends, it can help us stay motivated, focused and make good choices.
It may take many trials but learning from those experiences is the best part of high school even though it may not feel like it. Believing that is the hardest thing to learn.
While this decision may seem unimportant, having friends who make the high school experience miserable is not fun. When we are older we will want to look back on the high school years and see how much fun we had, but if we look back and see that we wasted our time chasing after that one friend who ended up failing us we will be disappointed.