District welcomes 9 faculty members

mabry

Delynn Mabry transferred from Tulia where she taught high school reading and English. Mika Morgan is her niece and she moved here to be closer to her family. She was an aide for eight years and this will be her 15th year as a teacher. She teaches special education in elementary building. Mrs. Mabry has six kids and loves antiques. “I am excited to be in Archer City now and am looking forward to seeing how it goes,” Mrs. Mabry said. “Go Wildcats!”

mobley

Leann Mobley was a nurse on labor and delivery at United Regional; before that, she was a substitute teacher for eight years and now she is a teacher’s aide in the elementary building. She came back to Archer to be closer to her husband’s side of the family. Mrs. Mobley loves to fish and go to the lake with her husband and son. “I’m happy to be back in Archer, and I am enjoying my time here,” Mrs. Mobley said.

checki

Andrew Checki is a 23-year-old band fanatic from Wisconsin who said he is terrible at remembering names. He relocated from Iowa Park to Archer City when his application was accepted to help direct the band. Mr. Checki was born on Friday 13, is a die-hard Milwaukee Brewers fan and hopes to start the school’s first Ultimate Frisbee team. This will mark his second year as a band director. “I’m very enthusiastic, and I love to have fun,” Mr. Checki said. “My door is always open to any one so don’t be scared to stop by.”

johnson

Krissa Johnson is the new head volleyball coach who came from Monterey High School in Lubbock. She moved to Archer because she said she needed a change and wanted to get closer to her family. Coach Johnson has been coaching for seven years. She plays the guitar and the drums and owns a Corgi. She is an avid shopper who loves to support our teams. “Everyone should go to the games and get loud and crazy,” Coach Johnson said. “Just fill the stands, especially at volleyball games.”

clark

Tim Clark was a retired coach who had been a teacher for 30 years. He started teaching at Iowa Park in 1984 and recently retired, but he decided to come out of retirement because of his passion for coaching basketball. The head basketball coach position was open, so he decided to come to Archer and try to bring the best out of the athletes. He said he is an intense, competitive person who hates to lose at anything. Coach Clark also loves to golf, fish and hunt in his spare time. “I would like to thank everyone for this opportunity to coach the athletes here,” Coach Clark said. “Hopefully I can instill in them the desire to win and give their best effort on a daily basis. Go Wildcats!”

coleman

Kelly Coleman is a first year teacher’s aide in the elemantary building. She started substitute teaching last year, and she said she loved the kids here so much she decided to stay. Mrs. Coleman said she loves drawing, and one of her most recent works is being printed on a shirt. She also loves to paint. In her small business, Spirit Shoes, she paints school logos, mascots and team colors onto a pair of shoes that people can use to show their team pride. Right now, she is working on shoes designed for the Texas Rangers. “This is definitely something different for me,” Mrs. Coleman said. “I am happy to be teaching here. I fell in love with the students at Archer City.”

mooney

Tonya Mooney attended Archer City ISD from kindergarten until she graduated from high school in 1986. She said she has an abundance of school spirit and is exceedingly proud to be back. This is her first year as an elementary teacher’s aide. “It was a great opportunity so I thought it would be a good idea to take it,” Mrs. Mooney said. “This will be a rewarding experience for me.”

pope

Tim Pope taught American history and coached at Kirby for nine years. He transferred here because he likes the small town atmosphere where he can get one-on-one time with his students and athletes to help them succeed. Coach Pope has two young children. He spends most of his time reading, watching football and spending quality time with his family. He said he is  excited to join this school and community and plans to build off  Archer City’s exceptional tradition. “I’m fired up to be part of the great championship atmosphere here,” Coach Pope said. “I think we need a jumbotron sort of thing so we can play ‘Jump Around’ at the football games when we’re crushing the other team by like 20 points.”

mr. parrish

Joshua Parrish, the new JH/HS technology facilitator replacing Bridget Wylie, went to Archer City his freshman year and graduated from Rider High School. Mr. Parrish received a degree in Spanish and recently started his master’s at Midwestern State University. He said he enjoys music, plays guitar and likes to think that he can play the piano but is still working on that. He spent his first year teaching Spanish at Old High but decided to come back. “It’s a small town and Archer just has a welcoming environment,” Mr. Parrish said. “I am excited to be back and I’m looking forward to working with staff and students alike.”