• November 29🌸 We're ready for spring 🌸
  • September 29Go Wildcats!
  • September 28Goodluck PGWB band, Ladycats, and Wildcats!!!!!
The No. 1 news source of Archer City High School

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Students discuss trending fashion

As the weather is starting to change and get colder, students are modeling some fashion trends that have been popular around school.
Lululemon is mainly an athletic brand that has been popular for boys and girls. Students like eighth grader Ashlyn Harvey said she likes Lululemon because the quality of the material is good and fashionable.
“I love Lulu,” Harvey said. “My whole family has Lululemon and we all share clothes because everything from there is cute.”
Lululemon has types of clothing from guys’ joggers to women’s tank tops.
“My favorite thing from Lulu is their leggings,” Harvey said. “They have them in all different colors.”
With the weather getting colder, cropped puffy vests have become a trend.
“I like to wear a vest over a skin-tight shirt because it looks cute,” sophomore Lauren Shephard said.
The cropped puffy vest started to be a trend last year during the winter.
“Over the summer when I was shopping for cute winter clothes, I couldn’t help but buy a couple of the puffy vests because they are so cute,” Shephard said.
Finding cute clothes to wear in the winter is difficult because most wear sweats to stay warm, sophomore Addy Peters said.
“I like to wear puffy vests with many different shirts because they are cute and warm,” Peters said.
Mom jeans/boot cut jeans/bell bottoms/cargo pants have been trending for a couple of years.
“My favorite jeans to wear are mom jeans because they are cute and very comfortable,” junior Julissa Guerrero said.
Upperclassmen like senior Kaydyn Ritchie said she likes the Y2K fashion that is coming back.
“I like to dress in the Y2K fashion because I think it’s cute and stylish,” Ritchie said.
Cargo pants, low-rise jeans, and cropped tops are described as Y2K fashion.
“I love the dress in the Y2K fashion because I like the retro look,” senior Kassidy Marin said.
Nike Dunks, Jordans, Hey Dudes, On Clouds, Birkenstocks and UGGS are trending shoes.
“I have many pairs of Nike Dunks,” senior Layken Cagle said. “I love buying dunks because everyone compliments me on my shoe game.”
On Cloud is a shoe brand that has been a popular brand for a couple of years.
“I have a bunch of pairs of On Clouds,” sophomore Talynn Lowe said. “My mom and I share our shoes and so do me and my aunts.”
Fake eyelashes, Stanley tumblers, acrylic nails, and jewelry are just a few of the popular accessories students have been using in their everyday lives.
“I love to use fake eyelash clusters because they are very easy to put on and not expensive,” Lowe said. “Getting professional eyelash extensions can be very expensive but I buy my cluster from Amazon and they work really well.”
The brand Stanley has been around for a while but when they released their tumblers it started to become popular again.
“I love my Stanley tumbler,” Lowe said. “My mom has a bunch in many different colors of Stanley’s but my favorite is the blue color for my cousin Spade.”

My mom has a bunch in many different colors of Stanley’s but my favorite is the blue color for my cousin Spade

— Lowe

Jewelry is an accessory that can dress up any outfit.
“My favorite jewelry brand is Kendra Scott and James Avery,” Ritchie said. “I have rings, necklaces, and bracelets from both of those places and they are very good quality and are very cute.”