• November 29🌸 We're ready for spring 🌸
  • September 29Go Wildcats!
  • September 28Goodluck PGWB band, Ladycats, and Wildcats!!!!!
The No. 1 news source of Archer City High School

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Band begins marching season

Carol Cox

The Prowlin’ Growlin’ Wildcat Band has begun marching season.
“Our short term goal is not to worry about trophies,” head band director Anthony Flores said. “As we continue improving as an ensemble and family, the rewards will come. Their progress has already been proof of that.”
Junior Chloe Hundley said the band has been working hard and practicing every Tuesday.
“Band is very different this year in a lot of ways,” Hundley said. “There is way more structure and we are playing and marching better overall.”
Flores said the band has been establishing routines during rehearsals that have improved efficiency and given maximum amount of time to rehearse.
“The band’s attitude and motivation has allowed us to grow as an ensemble and our sound has matured in a short amount of time,” Flores said.
Freshman Kinzey Ricks said as a percussionist, she needs to work on keeping tempo and not speeding up.
“We have been working on memorizing the music and doing drills to improve our marching,” Ricks said
Flores said when he heard the music, he knew it was right for this year.
“Right now, we need to work on memorizing the music,” Flores said. “Our marching has improved faster than I expected and we are continuing to add visuals to the show.”
Sophomore Tillee Bardwell said she is looking forward to this year’s contest.
“We’ve taken more time this year to practice,” Bardwell said. “We are working to get a one at contest and just to support each other more.”
Marching contest is set for Oct. 14 around 1:30 at Memorial Stadium in Wichita Falls.
“We would love to see a huge Archer City section in the stands,” Flores said.