• November 29🌸 We're ready for spring 🌸
  • September 29Go Wildcats!
  • September 28Goodluck PGWB band, Ladycats, and Wildcats!!!!!
The No. 1 news source of Archer City High School

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

Cat's Claw

FCA members attend ‘See You at the Pole’

Keeping up with grades, extracurriculars and practices can cause students stress. Having an opportunity to stop and meet with like – minded students to pray and worship can have a positive impact on students’ attitudes going into their days.
One way the group of Fellowship of Christian Athletes has made time to do this is gathering to pray and hear a devotional at the annual See You at the Pole which was before school on Sept. 27.
This year’s theme was “wholehearted,” which stemmed from Jeremiah 29:13 which states “You will seek me and find me, when you find me with your whole heart.”
“This verse shows us that we find Him as He has given us His word, but we must be willing to seek him wholeheartedly,” Cy Belcher, student pastor at the First Baptist Church, said. “While this was the focus of this year’s theme, See You at the Pole has always been focused on prayer that would work in and through the students, teachers, administrators, coaches and the entire school as a whole.”
Teacher and cheer sponsor Ashley Ridenour said she liked how it “brought people together to pray for the school.”
“I feel like it shows students when they need something or need prayer, who they can go to,” Ridenour said.
Sophomore Tillee Bardwell said it was her first time attending a See You at the Pole gathering.
“I liked how it was in the morning,” Bardwell said. “It was like a fresh breath of air.”
Belcher said it was both his and Mark Heckle’s, the student and worship pastor at First Baptist Church, first time leading this event so they didn’t know what to expect.
“We were pleasantly surprised by the great turnout and excited to see that both students and the staff in Archer City wanted to be involved,” Belcher said.
Junior Ryan Chumiso said he heard about the event at an FCA meeting during lunch.
“I really enjoyed being able to experience all of the athletes coming together to worship at school,” junior Ryan Chumiso said. “I saw a lot of my friends there.”
FCA began meeting during lunch on Sept. 21.
“Mark and I both enjoy leading FCA meetings, as it’s another way to build relationships with and pour into students,” Belcher said. “We want to do everything we can to help point others to Jesus and a saving relationship with Him, as well as help students mature into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. We feel as though FCA is a great opportunity to accomplish this and hope God works in the hearts of students.”